28 March 2010

Do you like to read?


So, I thought since I haven't been posting for several months I would share with you some of what I have been up to since my last post. The stack of books above is what I was up to the majority of the time I was not blogging, just since January 4th of this year. One quarter's worth of books, for three of my four classes (one class did not have any textbook), and not including the electronic files that were required and/or recommended. It's a good thing I like to read, I think! The bitter with the sweet...it was intended as my last quarter as an undergraduate student!

On that note, I would like to thank ALL of my wonderful family and friends who have been the best cheerleaders any student could ask for in the journey of formal education. It has been long. It has been hard. It has been worth it...as far as I can tell! It does not feel like the reality of being done (for now, at least) has hit yet. Maybe it will when classes start tomorrow & I won't be going! Yeah, that might help!

My no-textbook class was a blast...so much fun! Computers for Poets--intended to teach non-geeks a little about technology. We made web pages all quarter, it was awesome! I'm so far from where I'd like to be, but I've learned a lot in the last several weeks. My projects are currently still up on the school web server, for the unseen future. I don't know how long they will be available, but here are some of my favorites if you'd like to check them out: final project (about me), Biographical sketch of Dr. Englebart and Ocean Animals .

I would like to leave you with a thought which I have heared iterated in many forms in the past, credit to all who have encouraged me with it: "Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education!"

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I like to read, but generally much lighter stuff than that!

    Your web pages are cool. How fun to know how to do that! (I only got to glance briefly on break at work. I hope I get time to really look at them - and read all about you - before they go down!)

    Good thought!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete