30 July 2010

A Favorite Place...




There are many things that I like, and sometimes -- a lot like my husband -- I have a hard time picking a 'favorite' this or that. I have a few long-time favorites...French Vanilla, for example, is my favorite ice cream flavor, but Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch comes in at very near the top of the list, and on some days will be chosen over a top-notch French Vanilla! Of course, favorites can change over time, but it does seem strange to me to have a new favorite this or that if the last one didn't last very long. Maybe it depends on the type of thing we are talking about, such that a favorite color may only last as long as that blouse that you love so much lasts, but a favorite song will always pluck those heartstrings like only your favorite can. In lieu of having hard and fast favorites, a lot of the time I will elect a list of favorites instead of a top, all-exclusive spot with space for only one thing at a time.

All this being said, however, I do have a strong favoritism to a special place on earth called the LDS temple. Here again, though, another place comes into my favorite space and sits very near this special place on earth ~ home.

The temple is a place of holiness, sanctuary, prayer, peace, and countless blessings. A walkway between heaven and earth. A place dedicated to the worship and service of the Most High God. David & I were blessed to spend a few hours of our day yesterday in peaceful pursuit of its hallowed, transcendent space. What an incredible, magnanimous gift to be just minutes from a temple! These pics are from yesterday...such a beautiful day!


Answers to prayer may not come all at once. Sometimes they do! Sometimes we need to seek peace in our hearts and minds so that when the answer(s) come, or the parts of it we are ready for at the time, we will be ready to receive. I hope then that we can truly rejoice that Father in Heaven hears us and knows our every need. I am working on better expressing my gratitude and implementing what I know into my actions. Some needs He lets us figure out on our own. So many He grants us in grace and mercy without our even giving thought. Others we need to seek from His guiding hand. I know that in seeking, we can find Him. In finding Him we find peace. A friend once shared with me the thought that if there is something coming between you and God, that thing is closer to Him than you are.

* * *

May you have an opportunity to find peace...the peace that comes from knowing God and the awareness that He truly does know you. You may feel small and insignificant, and even less on some days, but I know that you His son or daughter, and I am grateful to know that I am your sibling!

With love.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, I guess we were always meant to be dear friends. Favorites in so many varieties. Quiet moments (in which I could never imagine offence), wishing I'd remembered to ask more questions so I'd have the chance to listen to you. Reading your blog brings such warm feelings of a friend who is timeless in my life and memories of like feelings shared in conversations past. Always and forever, an ageless kindred friend. Blessed are we that God reunites friends of old experiences now in mortality. Words of faith and trust you write, written first in the conviction of your heart. I hope that quiet light of yours lights those who read and see it. For such is yoru gift.
    Much love to you,
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete