21 July 2010

A Walk Around the Pond

This past Saturday was a fun and busy day...

David & I went to a picnic activity celebrating our church's pioneer history, specifically the 24th of July (we celebrated early!) of 1847 when the first groups arrived in the Salt Lake Valley after trekking great distances and surviving horrifically trying circumstances. Since we are new in our ward we did not recognize a lot of people, but we did get to visit with a few and meet some as well. Toward the end of the event we took a walk around the pond in Elk Grove Park. It was my first time there, so I went a little shutter happy...I see why it is the perfect setting for the annual Strauss Festival!





I enjoyed observing the ducks and geese playing in the water...



David was sweet and patiently waited for me to catch up - frequently! It was a beautiful and relaxing sight to enjoy with my honey just before we helped clean up after the picnic and headed home...

...then it was off to win the cupcake wars...okay, not really...

...my sister-in-law Debi is the family cupcake queen, and she made cupcakes (all day!) for a wedding in the evening, and I got to help during the afternoon. It was fun, and great to find that chilly room on such a hot day! I didn't feel a breeze in the afternoon...so sad...but cupcakes make it all better, right? It's funny...I have not been a fan of cake or cupcakes as long as I can remember...but Debi is influencing a paradigm shift in my life regarding cupcakes!
Then...(yes, there's more!) later in the evening David & I joined Debi at the hospital to visit the newly added upon Hinds family and enjoy cherishing little Naomi. I shared my favorite photos yesterday from Naomi's & my photo shoot, but here's my favorite from Friday (Naomi's Day 1)...
















No words are adequate!

2 comments:

  1. That park *is* beautiful and Debi's cupcakes *are* delicious! I've never been a huge cake/cupcake person either (I even had mom make me pie for my birthday instead of cake a couple of times, lol.), but they've been growing on me too. Um, in more ways than one! lol It's a good thing I don't live closer! ;)

    Naomi looks absolutely PRECIOUS! I'm quite jealous of all of you holding and loving on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up we made several ice cream and sherbet cakes for birthdays...it sure beat solid cakes!

    Naomi IS absolutely precious! I'll tell her hello for you next time I see her...I'm sure she'll love meeting you!

    ReplyDelete